Monday, July 5, 2010
We got up a little early to get a head start to Salt Lake City. We wanted to be out of town before we ate breakfast and got coffee. Big mistake, there isn't a lot available on the road from Vegas to Salt Lake City. McDonald's in Overton. It was a ways off of the freeway. Then we finally stopped in Mesquite for Starbucks. Had to run into the Virgin River Casino to get it. MUST HAVE COFFEE!! Then it was the drive through the Virgin River Canyon. Wow. It was very impressive. Crossed into Utah and continued on to Salt Lake. Stopped at One Man Band in Nephi and had dinner. Interesting place. You order your dinner from a phone at the table. It gets cooked, they call you back, you walk up front to pick it up and pay for it. We got into North Salt Lake around 6:00pm or so and checked into the hotel. The boys went swimming. Around 9pm decided we wanted some ice cream. Everything was closed early because of the 4th the next day. Watched some TV and off to bed. Pretty uneventful day.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Top Ten Things Daddy Hears from the 3RD Row in the YUKON.
- What time are we going to get to the hotel?
- How late is the pool open?
- I’ve got to go to the bathroom.
- STOP IT!
- I’m hungry.
- How much further?
- When is the next stop?
- Ryan! Stop THAT!
- I know, but…
Top Ten List from the middle row…
- Oh look, a deer!
- No, that’s an Antelope.
- Hunter Stop Yelling at Ryan.
- Are you sleepy? Do you need me to drive?
- But he is annoying me.
- Oh look, there is a house or something out there on the hill.
- Which hill?
- I think you were supposed to turn there.
- Daddy. The GPS said turn the other way.
- “Calc-cu-lat-ing new route. Make legal u-turn at next op-por-tun-i-ty.”
Top Ten List from the Front Row…
- RYAN!!! KNOCK IT OFF!
- CAN’T YOU HOLD IT!
- … why did I take that chair off the roof.
- DO YOU WANT ME TO PULL THIS CAR OVER?!?!
- THIS IS THE LAST TIME I’M TELLING YOU!
- COME ON!! WE NEED TO GO!!
- Hey. I’ve got an idea. EVERYONE TAKE A NAP!
- WE WILL GET THERE. WHEN WE GET THERE!
- KEEP YOU HANDS TO YOURSELF!